January 6, 2024

A new Path

 Happy new year from Sonia and such a perfect project to start the year too

Welcome back and thankyou Sonia for creating such gorgeous projects for us in 2024

I did not know I was going to be here again this year and especially on the very last day of a year, so I wish you a very Happy and Magical New Year.

I made the following project just because I loved Denise’s new Paper Range ‘Enchantment’, and the sheet Whisperings Woods straight away showed me a life story which I will share with you now.

If you have been doing something for a long time and you’re not getting the results you want it’s time to do something different, take a new path and just maybe some magic will happen!



  • First, I made lots of flowers using Denise’s Briar Rose Stamp/die set.
  •  I started out with stamping the flowers in waterproof light grey ink on a light purple/violet card stock. On one set of flowers I used a darker blue and purple ink to colour the petals with a strong yellow centre and added black dots to make the centres pop.
  •  On the other flowers I used the same purple but very lightly and sparingly as the coloured card stock became a good part of the flower colour. To this second lot of flowers, I only used a very light-yellow stamp pad colour in the centre.  I used a flower shaping tool on the back then used my fingers to create more dimension by folding over the edges. 

  • Next, I embossed a set of chipboard Castle Gates. I have an embossing powder that has several colours in it which I felt gave a wonderful effect.  
  • I also painted a set of Berries, bold leaves small, and a bird using colours that complimented my overall theme. All are Denise Boddey Design chipboard and are available in her online store.
  • Adhering the piece of Whispering Woods paper to a plane piece of card stock made it stronger for my project. 

  • Then it was just a matter of glueing the gates on first and layering up all the other bits and pieces. I also fussy cut a couple of mushrooms to add to the picture. I used wink of stella on the steps and trees and small beads to draw your eye to the path.
















 

No comments:

Post a Comment