October 8, 2023

Christmas is not far away

 I am not sure if Christmas is starting earlier this year or is it I am not just ready to think about it. However Sonia is getting organized and has some Christmas cheer to share with us this wonderful Sunday morning lets welcome back Sonia to the blog 


HoHoHo it’s time for some Christmas cheer and Christmas will be here before we know it.

 


 

There is nothing like a hand made wreath to decorate your door,  hang on a wall or gift a friend. I have made one to decorate the inside of my door as afternoon sun hits the outside.

As I have a red door I new I wanted to make white poinsettia flowers for my wreath and I love the Australia feel of the gum nuts and leaves.

I had two sets of the poinsettia chipboard flowers from Denise Boddey Designs. From each set I painted the small flower in white and then added a bit of gold wax to the edges. I then used Denise’s poinsettia die to make poinsettia flowers in white card stock and attached the two flowers together finishing with a gold center.

I had four packets of chipboard Gum Leaves also from Densie that I painted. Lastly, I stuck together two of the large Merry Christmas chipboards and painted in gold to match the flower centers.


Using my hot glue gun, I attached the leaves to my gold ring (bought from Kmart in Australia), then added the writing and flowers and finally decorated with the ribbon. The wreath was quite quick to make the painting of the leaves took the longest however the paint does dry pretty quickly on Denise’s chipboard, I think.


 

I can’t wait to see what wreaths you all make. Don’t forget to join and post pictures on DBD Share and Inspire Group https://www.facebook.com/groups/1405179449837082/ 

My last project for 2023 will be an inspired Christmas themed chipboard tag to decorate your home with which I can’t wait to share. 

Until then have a fabulous day. Sonia



 

No comments:

Post a Comment