April 25, 2023

The Simple Life

 A little late again with this Share with all of the public holidays lately I am not sure what day it is. feeling out of Wack. 

 How ever today being Anzac day I do believe this is a great share for such a day. I just wanted to take a minute to recognize those who stayed behind at home and stepped up to support the country in multiple different ways whilst those who left for war left many a gap how hard it must have been waiting for your loved ones to return, as their lives still went on.

Image of an advertisement for Land Army

The Australian Land Army 

More than 3,000 women volunteered in the Australian Land Army during World War II.

Their duties include anything from dairying to driving tractors, the work required of the land girls was varied. But one thing was certain — it was quite unlike what was generally expected of women in the 1940s.

"They were some of the most extraordinary pioneers because they were doing things and transforming our understanding, particularly for women, of what women could do," they were a part of our Unsung Heroes 

unsung heroes

Another long standing tradition is the baking of Anzac biscuits both here and New Zealand. This is my simple way of remembrance and the recipe has been passed down from my mother to my daughter and it has coconut in it, something I believed to be normal.  But the first recipe for an Anzac biscuit containing the desiccated coconut is recorded to be from the city of Adelaide in 1924.[17][18] 

So having said all of this Today we welcome back Tina  with a special layout that says more than the perfect placement and colour choices, she has made. Her Page tells a story and that too is what Scrap booking is about. 

Thanks for dropping by and seeing my latest share. 


  • I started with a sheet of time warp paper from the Cogs of time collection. 
  • I added some stenciling over the top.
  • I then painted my chipboard black and added waxes from Finnabair. 
  • I layered my photo with various papers and a piece of denim. 
  •  I cut my chipboard up and layered it.  
  • I added some 49 and market pieces, a title and then splatters.

 thanks for stopping by

Tina

No comments:

Post a Comment