January 23, 2022

White on White

 Happy Sunday

Today is the official day we start our Design Team journey 

the girls have already been very busy they have hit the ground running. I am so excited with how much loveliness they have created.

I will start this journey off for 2022 to share the first project 

This particular idea came from scrolling through Instagram it was a light bulb moment, unfortunately I am not even sure where and whose Instagram page I was on when this happened, as I have gone back looking for the original piece. Which means I actually cant credit it to anyone, or was it something else that gave me inspiration and it all fell into this idea, who knows how these things happen.

After this massive inspiration a quick dash down to a local shop where I have previously purchased various round Hat Boxes from, with the key element in hand for measurement. From the time the original idea happened it begins to evolve very quickly into not one idea but multiple ideas, hence I bought the shop out of this particular hat box and began the ring around for more so any shop in the south of Adelaide giving you the heads up I bought theirs too with a little help from a dear friend she knows who she is. 

So without further rambling here is the beginning of many more of these fun Tissue boxes.







this is the piece of chipboard Romantique flourish double featured though out my projects today yes I do have the luxury of re-sizing and cutting it to fit certain display items.
On the hat/tissue box I have used the original size placed perfectly around the side
on my tray I have used a transparent white acrylic and clear and sandwiched the scrolls Romantique Flourish large together with moldings underneath to hold the sandwich together and two beautiful door knobs from my local hardware warehouse.
I have used one of my most favorite oval frames Grungy Moulds on the lid of my hat box, this is my go to mould for everything that needs something ornate and beautiful I work a lot with resin as it cures with time for me to bend it into shape if need be this I have done with my rocking horse. I find clay does not dry quick enough for what I want to achieve in the time frame I do like clay but for myself this is more practical and with little grandchildren's hands will not break if knocked over 

Well now we shared my first vision I am off to create my next two tissue boxes so I can share during the week they are already painted waiting for the chipboard to be placed on top 
stay tuned more photos to come









7 comments:

  1. Beautiful creations Denise. I love white on white, so elegant and will suit any décor!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful is not the word,this is exquisite Denise,loving white on white

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Denise,elegant and oh so classy,love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Totally gorgeous Denise,very classy and elegant !

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning Denise,very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a stunning project Denise and I love the white on white..beautiful work..

    Luv CHRISSYxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. So beautiful,elegant and creative,love this Denise

    ReplyDelete