January 23, 2021

In Loving Memory

 Hello everyone & welcome!

My first design team post for Denise Boddey designs for 2021 is dedicated to my dear dad who sadly passed away in December 2020. 

This gorgeous photo is of my mum and dad on their wedding day.


My project's frame is from an old clock. Rather then throwing it away I decided to use it as a shadow box. I love to reuse and repurpose items when I can. 





The chipboard piece I chose is called Vienna Flourish Rectangle.
I love this piece as it has the perfect vintage flair.  


To create the desired effect I first had to cut the chipboard piece in half. This allowed me to frame my photo. I then used Antique white acrylic paint to paint each piece. When dry I added some metallic wax to highlight some areas.


Patterned papers and photo were then added to the chipboard pieces.


Next I cut a circle to fit inside the frame - patterned papers are from the Pion design range called Vintage Wedding. Just so perfect!!! 
I then set about fussy cutting out some of the rose designs and arranged them in place before adhering each piece to the circle shape.


Layers of 3D foam tape were added to the whole photo piece before adhering in place as shown.
To finish I have fixed in place some paper roses, pearls, gold wedding bands and fussy cut butterflies.


Here is the completed project, now with the glass insert and outer black frame. JUST PERFECT!

Leanne



No comments:

Post a Comment