January 3, 2021

Faux Stained Glass

Happy New Year

Today we are going to share a project Janet made last year

 Making Faux Stained Glass 

Looking at these Sprouts Panels from Denise Boddey Designs, I thought they would work well sandwiched together. Then I needed to decide what to put between them. Could I make faux stained glass with alcohol ink? Why not give it a try!



Materials:

  • Sprouts Panels
  • white acrylic paint
  • paintbrush
  • laminate and laminator
  • alcohol ink
  • dust cleaner
  • adhesive
  • twine
  • scissors
  • knife blade
  • Kamar Varnish
  • Clear Glaze



Here is a close-up of the finished project. I love how the colors blend together and show through the chipboard piece. Because the chipboard is laser cut, they align perfectly.

The whole finished piece with light shining through. I can't wait to hang this in a window. I think it turned out so nice.

Try it - Like it - Create it





No comments:

Post a Comment