November 19, 2023

Christmas Reindeer

what a beautiful day we are in for here in Adelaide hoe your Sunday is well spent. I have spent the last week trying to get the Christmas decor up, which requires a little moving of furniture around to make space for my tree. So yes we are trying to get some Christmas spirit happening I feel it is happening a little quicker this year.

Today we welcome Sonia back to the blog with her little bit of cheer.



I can’t believe how quick this year has gone by and how close Christmas is.

Well, I promised a Christmas Themed tag in my last blog post and here it is.



I hate throwing out scraps of paper so if I can I use them to make flowers and leaves to decorate my projects with.

From the Story Book Collection I used Princes for a Day paper to make my purple flowers using Denises Poinsettia die set. I added extra ink to the paper to achieve the colour I was after. I cut poinsettia leaves out of, In a Castle paper and once again added different green ink tones to achieve the look I was after.



When Densie first bought out the dome Chipboard, I felt it would be fabulous for a shaker project. So instead of doing it on a card I decided to do it on a tag.

First of I covered the front of my tag with a piece of paper from Cogs of Time, Overcast and on the back, I painted the tag blue and stenciled on some stars.



Then with a Poinsettia stencil I had I used white gesso and placed some on the paper to show up in the background. A section to the left and two smaller sections on the right. I adhered some lace across my tag around 4” from the very top.


  • Next, I started working on my picture for inside the dome. I painted the background in blue and added some stars. 
  • I used Denise’s, Fir Tree chipboard set for my trees and Doe & Deer. I painted the trees and I gesso and inked the deer's
  • The small Merry Christmas was painted in silver. 
  • Acetate was used to create the window effect behind the front section of the dome.
  •  Using chipboard and double-sided mounting tape I created the height on the dome edges to create it into a shaker. I then painted them in black, so it blended into the top.


I very carefully adhered the base of the dome to my tag then glued on the trees and Reindeers. Finally, I placed my snow sequins on a heap on the tag before I adhered the top of the dome to the tag.

Finally, I finished decorating with the flowers, leaves, wording and ribbon.

Thank you so much Denise for the opportunity to be on your design team this year. I have had a blast. I hope everyone has enjoyed the projects I have made.

Wishing you all the most wonderful of Christmases and a Happy New Year. 

Cheers Sonia







No comments:

Post a Comment