October 26, 2023

Acrylic Tag

 This Sunday just gone it was Sharon turn on the blog she has created a gorgeous Tag 

Welcome back Sharon






Happy Sunday Everyone,

I decided to use one of Denise’s Acrylic Tags for my D.T. Project. I started playing with paper and it was looking pretty but I decided to do something different and see where it took me.

Step 1. I roughed the surface a little with fine sandpaper.

          2. Then I used a brick stencil and added white gesso.

          3. After the gesso dried, I randomly used Copper Texture Paste here and there and also, I placed some clear crackle paste on the white areas, then a minute with the heat tool.

4. I then distressed the bricks a little with grey acrylic paint, this step is optional.

5. I then finished my brick wall with a rub of Patina Anticante and I now had a vision of my finished project.

6. I made some clay moulds, using a terracotta colour. I decided to use leaves, flowers and a little bird.

7. After the clay dried, I added some of my Patina paste to highlight the detail.





To finish, the fun part begins.,

I had some 49Market Acetate leaves from Denise so I used a few of them & I glued these first and then I secured the moulds with Helmar 450 glue. The glue also gave me time to tuck under some dried ferns and nesting material, some artificial blackberries etc., use whatever is in your stash or garden.

I finished by adding a photo into a little frame. I then made a little envelope and placed it under the frame for some extra dimension. I finished with some wording and a paper butterfly.

After I had everything in place, I used just a little hot glue under the moulds & the little frame to secure it all.






No comments:

Post a Comment